Sunday, February 19, 2012

SHS 2-19-12


DUPLICATE
This is my Indican Chief and I think he is quite a creation.  Some years ago I was looking for a Christmas Gift for my husband, and I was driving to the mall in Virginia where we lived at the time.  At a corner gas station there was a man and his pick up truck and a chain saw with large logs.  This man made carvings in the logs with his chain saw and we thought it was great.  So Indian Chief became a part of the family and we have carried him with us through the years.

LOVE
The Valentine Flowers my hubby sent to me at work for Valentine's Day.  I really didn't expect anything so they were a great surprise.  We will celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary this year and it's nice to know LOVE is still in the air.

PAPER
Japanese Paper Lantern

PLASTIC
Ok, I just couldn't think of anything really creative for this one, so here you have "plastic"

TREND OR TRENDING
It is Fashion Week in New York, and that brought to my mind, what is Fashion "Trending" this week here in Chicago.

5 comments:

Reds said...

Beautiful lantern - and how lucky to get these nice flowers!!

Andrea Dawn said...

Love the colours in the your paper lantern and great job with duplicate. It is amazing what can be done with a chainsaw, isn't it.

Christine E-E said...

my fave shots = DUPLICATING & PAPER. But, your interpretation of TRENDING & PLASTIC is very unique. Have a great week.

stephanie g said...

Pretty paper lantern!

Ashley Sisk said...

Love the trends - just wish maternity clothes were that cute.