Monday, January 2, 2012


A DAY IN MY LIFE
I picked this one because although each day follows a general routine, it is like this water, flexible, ever changing, and you don't now how it will land at the end of the day.

ALL SMILES
First Father's Day with the 1st Grandbaby, they were ALL SMILES

DRESS UP
On vacation in the Southern Caribbean, the costumes were Great!

AUTUMN HARVEST

BEAUTIFUL
This Polar Bear is at the Lincoln Park Zoo, and no matter how many times I watch him, I am think he is a truly Beautiful creature.

BIRTHDAY

CELEBRATE

DON'T EVER CHANGE
Even after 39 and 1/2 years, no changes required.

FRIENDS

HOLIDAY
July 4th, 2011

HOME
Home is on my favorite couch, with my favorite blanket and a good book.

MY FAVORITE
I have so many favorite photos I could not pick, so I am showing  a "favoite" feeling which is my feet buried in the sand on a pristine beach looking at the surf.

I LOVE YOU
3 Important words, no need to say more

I WAS INSPIRED
This crane and the setting was wonderful, and inspired my photography from the time I took the picture.  After the capture, I was elated, calm, and inspired all at the same time.  I still feel it when I look at the photo.

JUST BECAUSE
This picture I took in Alaska on a whale watching trip.  We were so lucky to come upon more than 15 whales Bubble Feeding.  The crew set a microphone deep into the water and you could hear the whales underwater and when they were ready to come up to catch the sardines, as you see in this picture, the sound was just awesome!

LET'S DO IT AGAIN
We moved from California to the Midwest,  I miss crossing and looking at the Golden Gate Bridge and want to do it again, and again and again.

MACRO


PORTRAIT
I am working on the self portrait thing, and this is one of my favorites.  My comfort level is still kind of low, but I am working on it and a Ashley mentioned in her post, the "selfie" tips and hints on                   website are great.

SPRING
The first buds

STILL LAUGHING
OK, the scenario is the first grandbabies Christening.  I captured this one that I was going to take of the 1st 2nd grandchildren in either family, but this one was great and repeats itself at any gathering.  This is my capture of Aunt and my Daughter in Law and new mother, another daughter in law who's son was baptized and her Mom, Nana, all taking a picture of the 2 grandchildren.  I love it.

SUMMER DAYS
There is an old song, and it talks about the "lazy, hazy, days of summer.  This photo at the Chicago Botanical Garden reminds me of those words, each time I look at it. 

VACATION
A beach, the surf and palm trees.
I MISS YOU
Our parents, on their very special day.

WINTER WONDERLAND
The Blizzard of 2011 created many beautiful sights, this being one of my favorites


HOPES AND DREAMS
Life is full of Hopes an Dreams, and hopefully they lead us up the road to fulfillment, happiness and passion in something-anything. I hope that 2012 continues my journey, as a photographer, wife, mother and grandmother in every positive way. That is my plan for 2012, keep on trucking up, not down the road, staying positive and developing these aspects of my life.
 

3 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

You had some incredible moments this past year - I hope for even bigger things for you in 2012.

My Captivating Life said...

Love your celebrate and Just because photo's, ofcourse they were all great. I want to go to Alaska some day. It's on my bucket list.

Lysha said...

Love the Hopes & Dreams shot. The Vacation shot is spectacular! The shadows in the pic are great. It probably doesn't help that I'm serious need of a tropical vacay! :)