Monday, July 25, 2011

Finding Your Eye: Starting the Jouney


As I think about photography I discover it just pleases me.  Everytime I press the shutter button I feel a smile.  It could be the subject, composition, colors or light - it doesn't matter- it just pleases me.

There are many reasons why I take photos, to show places traveled to, to memorialize a moment in time, to mark a new expression of my grandchildren or their accomplishements, a wonderful landscape or a simple flower in a macro shot, my pets.  Photography for me is also like a friend, it is there when I need company even in solitude, it sometimes answers questions like what is in that alley or what can I find in this little town?

For me photography covers everything that I am excited about.  Motivation is always changing because it depends on the inspiration, what I want to accomplish or how I feel on any given day, but all of these bring me back to a single question, how can I express that in a photograph?  So, perhaps my motiviation is also what keeps me excited in answering,  how do I best tell my story today in a photo.

  As in the photo above.

On this particular day in London, after many years have passed, I saw the places where the Beatles started out in the UK.  I think I smiled the whole day!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Well put. I look forward to seeing more of your photos as the course goes on.

Cedar said...

The motivation changes with inspiration--beautiful!

seabluelee said...

Love your post, love your header photo, love how the birds seem to be escaping from the picture onto the background of your blog! I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Simon said...

Looks like your jumping right in with your blog...the more you do it, the easier it is.
Breezing in from the FYE link. I love how you've expressed your reasons for photography. Makes me smile thinking about your joy.

Kat Sloma said...

How fun! You taking about smiling made me smile! I'm sure your enthusiasm and joy comes through in your images just as it does in your words.

gina said...

Wonderful first post for FYE. I agree that it's about inspiration. Telling a story through a photo is fun for me too. Thanks for visiting my blog. See you in FYE.